Blender 2.6 is a long way off, and even 2.55 is currently available only as a beta version. This means that occasionally the book refers to an as-yet unavailable feature or hot-key. As you would expect from this established Blender author (and nice guy!), his book is very, very good. 2.92 is Blender’s first major release of 2021! It was made possible with a massive amount of community involvement, including assistance from developers and contributors. Blender 2.92 Official Release Available! Thu, February 25, 2021 9:38 AM PST.
- File size:
- 130 MB
- Date added:
- Mar 13, 2020 Last update check: 1 minute ago
- Runs on:
- Windows 7 64-bit / 8 64-bit / 10 64-bit
Blender is a free, open-source professional 3D creation software allowing modeling, animation, rendering, texturing, lighting, shading, post-production. It is suitable for architectural modeling, but requires huge knowledge of graphic editing.
Blender is open-source, free to download and use but it is more oriented towards advanced users. User interface is complex so it requires a considerable investment of time. Fortunately, there is a big online community; also user manuals and documentation can help you start with this software.
The portable version is available also.
- Sculpting, retopology, modeling, curves. Blender’s modeling toolset is extensive.
- Designed for animation, Blender is being used for award-winning shorts and feature films.
- Create jaw-dropping renders thanks to Cycles, high-end production path tracer.
- Featuring industry-standards libraries like Bullet and MantaFlow, Blender offers powerful simulation tools.
- Video Editing
- The Video Editor offers a range of basic yet very efficient tools.
- Featuring an extensive Python API, every tool is available for scripting and customization.
- From camera and object motion tracking to masking and compositing, you can “fix it in post”.
- Because of its custom architecture, Blender’s UI, window layout and shortcuts can be fully customized.
- Integration with multiple pipeline tools is pivotal in many productions.
For more information please visit https://www.blender.org/features/.
What’s new in version 2.82a:
This corrective release does not include new features and only fixes a few serious regressions introduced in 2.82 release.
- Fix T74003: Autocomplete bug with mesh.loop_triangles. in Blender Python Console.
- Fix T73898: UDIM crash changing form tiled to single
- Fix T73862: Fluid Sim file handle resource leak
- Fix T74182: Crash saving images from non-image spaces
- Fix T72903: Bone envelope & bone size tool functionality swapped
- Fix T74278: camera border gizmo size
Chrome and edge not working. For more information and a full list of improvements please visit Blender 2.82a: Bug Fixes.
What’s new in version 2.82:
- Mantaflow fluid simulation, cloth internal air pressure, cloth internal springs.
- OptiX denoiser, improvements to shader nodes, custom render passes, and more.
- Viewport render passes, and a lot of important fixes.
- UDIM textures for texture painting and rendering in Eevee and Cycles.
- Sculpt & Paint
- Slide/relax tool, multiplane scrape tool, operator improvements, pose brush and brush updates, paint improvements.
- Grease Pencil
- User interface, improved tools, multiple strokes modifier.
- Custom profiles for bevel, cutoff vertex mesh, weld modifier and solidify modifier.
- User Interface
- Many tools have now a gizmo, like bevel and the UV editor.
- Animation & Rigging
- Improvements to bones, constraints and F-curves.
- Import & Export
- New USD exporter, many glTF improvements, Alembic mesh normals export, VFX platform 2020 compatibility.
- Python API
- Python API changes, Custom curve profile and widget, changes to handling of Python environment.
- Updates to Rigify, Add Mesh Extra objects, BlenderKit, and new add-ons Import Palettes, PDT, Add Node Presets, Collection manager, Sun position and Amaranth toolkit.
Blender 2d Animation
For more information please visit Blender 2.82 Release Notes and https://www.blender.org/download/releases/2-82/.
About Blender Foundation
The Blender Foundation (2002) is an independent public benefit organization with the purpose to provide a complete, free and open source 3D creation pipeline, managed by public projects on blender.org.
Its spin-off corporation Blender Institute (2007) hosts the foundation’s offices and currently employs 15 people who work on the Blender software and creative projects to validate and stress Blender in production environments.
Blender release 2.81. New features include a completely new sculpting system with new brushes and masking, cycles and EEVEE improvements, UI improvements, Denoise, RTX support, and so much more.
The best new features in Blender 2.81. Including the new AI denoiser, optix and rtx support, open vdb remesher, new sculpting tools, quad remesher, video editing, cycles improvements, eeevee improvements, render improvements, and more!
This is a brief overview meant to get you quickly acquainted with all of the new features.
Tiger – Blender 2.80 demo by Daniel Bystedt
Goodnight Claire – Blender 2.80 demo by Daniel Bystedt
Tree Creature – Blender 2.80 demo by Daniel Bystedt
Grease Pencil Sketching – Blender 2.80 demo by Jama Jurabaev
Space Suit – Blender 2.80 demo by Jama Jurabaev
HERO – Blender Grease Pencil Showcase
A Whole New Workspace – Sculpt – blender.org
A Whole New Workspace – Model – blender.org
A Whole New Workspace – Animate – blender.org
A Whole New Workspace – Edit & Grade – blender.org
What You See Is What You Need – Random Colors – blender.org
What You See Is What You Need – Colored Wireframes – blender.org
What You See Is What You Need – Look Dev – blender.org
Intuitive Widgets – blender.org
Toolbars – blender.org
Principled Hair BSDF – blender.org
Cryptomatte – blender.org
Random Walk Subsurface Scattering – blender.org
Subdivision and Displacement – blender.org