- I have a logic to check if there are duplicate columns and wanted to remove it after I remove it if I read range the sheet again it should have the update data, the one with the duplicates remove. Please check the workflow below thank you Main.xaml (8.1 KB) Book1.xlsx (9.0 KB) project.json (996 Bytes).
- This is where removing duplicates in excel comes in handy. Step 1 – Select the column B, and in the data tab, under the data tools section click on remove duplicates, Step 2 – A dialog box appears It asks for us if we want to remove duplicates from the current selection or we want to expand our selection. As column A has just one type of.
- To remove duplicates based on one or more columns, right-click on the specific column header. You can select more than one column using the CTRL button and remove the duplicates accordingly. To remove the duplicate records based on the entire table, click on the button present on the top left corner of the data preview.
Using the Remove Duplicates feature in Excel, we can easily remove all the identical occurrences. In order to proceed, open your Excel file and then go to Data - Remove Duplicates icon, which can be found under Data Tools section in the Ribbon. When you click that option, you will be asked to select the columns containing the duplicated data.
How to remove everything but duplicate rows in Excel?
Maybe, there are some duplicate values in a column of your worksheet, and now, you want to remove non-duplicate values and keep only the duplicate records in the column. Do you have any good ideas to solve this problem in Excel? In this article, I will talk about how to quickly and easily remove all but keeping the duplicate rows in Excel.
Remove everything but duplicate rows with Kutools for Excel
Remove everything but duplicate rows with a helper column
To remove the non-duplicate rows, you need to create a formula helper column first, and then filter all the unique values based on your helper column, finally, delete the filtered unique values. Please do as follows:
1. Enter this formula =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$15, A2)=1 into a blank cell besides your data, such as cell B2, see screenshot:
Tip: In the above formula, A2:A15 is the column range you want to remove the unique values, you can change it as you need.
2. And then drag the fill handle down to the cells that you want to apply this formula, False indicates the duplicate values and True stands for the unique values, see screenshot:
3. Then select the data range and click Data > Filter, see screenshot:
4. Click the filter drop-down in the new helper column B and uncheck FALSE option to just show the unique values of column A, and then click OK button, see screenshot:
5. After showing only the non-duplicate records, select the entire rows of these visible rows, and then click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special, in the Go To Special dialog box, select Visible cells only option, see screenshots:
6. Then click OK to close the dialog box, and only the visible rows have been selected as following screenshot shown:
7. And then you need to remove these visible rows only, put the cursor at the selected rows, right click to choose Delete Row from the context menu, see screenshot:
Microsoft Excel Column Remove Duplicates Excel
8. And only the visible rows are deleted at once, then you need to cancel the filter by clicking Data > Filter again to disable the Filter function, and you can see all the unique value rows have been removed, and only leave the duplicate records, see screenshot:
9. At last, you can delete the content of helper column B as you want.
Remove everything but duplicate rows with Kutools for Excel
With above method, there are so many steps needed to be followed, if you have a handy tool – Kutools for Excel, it may save you a lot of time. Mac os sierra imovie download windows 10.
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
Microsoft Excel Column Remove Duplicates
1. Select the data range that you want to use.
2. Then click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells, see screenshot:
3. In the Select Duplicate & Unique Cells dialog box, select Unique values only under the Rule section, and check Select entire rows option, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you how many rows have been selected:
5. And then click OK to close theses dialogs, and all the unique value rows have been selected, see screenshot:
6. Then you just need to remove theses selected rows, click Home > Delete > Delete Sheet Rows, see screenshot:
7. And all the selected unique rows have been deleted immediately.
With this Select Duplicate & Unique Cells feature, you can also finish the following tasks:
Demo: Remove everything but duplicate rows with Kutools for Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
Microsoft Excel Column Remove Duplicates Free
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails..
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range..
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns.. Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges..
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select..
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more..
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments..
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic..
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF..
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Thanks for the detailed instructions. It worked perfectly! Keep up the great information.
Microsoft Excel Column Remove Duplicates &-->
Microsoft provides programming examples for illustration only, without warranty either expressed or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This article assumes that you are familiar with the programming language that is being demonstrated and with the tools that are used to create and to debug procedures. Microsoft support engineers can help explain the functionality of a particular procedure, but they will not modify these examples to provide added functionality or construct procedures to meet your specific requirements.
Sample 1: Delete duplicate items in a single list
The following sample macro searches a single list in the range A1:A100 and deletes all duplicate items in the list. This macro requires that you do not have empty cells in the list range. If your list does contain empty cells, sort the data in ascending order so that the empty cells are all at the end of your list.
Sample 2: Compare two lists and delete duplicate items
The following sample macro compares one (master) list against another list, and deletes duplicate items in the second list that are also in the master list. The first list is on Sheet1 in the range A1:A10. The second list is on Sheet2 in the range A1:A100. To use the macro, select either sheet, and then run the macro.