A brief biography of the eighteenth-century printer, inventor, and statesman who played an influential role in the early history of the United States. Download from the publisher PDF To the Future, Ben Franklin! By Mary Pope Osborne, AG Ford EPUB Download iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. New eBook was published downloads zip To the Future, Ben Franklin!
Benjamin Franklin du Pont
January 14, 1964 (age 57)
|Education||B.S. Mechanical Engineering (1986)|
|Alma mater||Tufts University|
|Known for||Founder of yet2Ventures and yet2.com|
|Spouse(s)||Laura Leigh duPont|
Benjamin Franklin duPont is an American businessman known for founding the company yet2.com and yet2Ventures. He is a member of the prominent Du Pont family. He co-founded and is a partner at Chartline Capital Partners.
In 1986 duPont began working for the DuPont corporation, a company the du Ponts founded in 1802. He held various management positions in the company over 13 years. In 1999, he left DuPont to cofound yet2.com with Phillip Stern, a U.S. patent distribution firm located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. DuPont serves as the company's president. After a year of development the firm had raised $24 million in financing and was described as a 'quasi-clearinghouse for technology developed by corporations' by Forbes Magazine, where both inventors and companies can post their patents for sale or lease to other firms.
In December 2002, yet2.com was acquired by Scipher, but the next year duPont reacquired it from Scipher and became its executive director. The website had grown into the world's largest open innovation platform. A venture capital firm, yet2Ventures, remained independent after being incubated at yet2.com. yet2Ventures has specialized in investments in medical devices, electronics, materials science, clean tech, and other technology. The company has offices in Liverpool, Boston, Tokyo, and Wilmington, Delaware. In 2010, yet2Ventures completed a transaction with the Japan Asia Investment Corporation relating to its U.S. venture portfolio. Over the years his firm has invested in more than 40 U.S. companies. and a number of secondary direct and primary transactions.
DuPont has served as a director of Vianix, Speakman, Longwood Gardens Inc., Gigsky, Inc, and Bessemer Trust Delaware. Since 2008 he has been a member of the board of the directors for MSCI. He is also chairman of the board for Mobeam Inc., headquartered in California's Silicon Valley. and a board observer of Ecrio. In 2015, he co-founded Zip Code Wilmington, a nationally recognized nonprofit coding boot camp in Wilmington. Affinity serif discount.
Who Is Ben Franklin
In April 2018 duPont and business partner Don Wirth announced plans to purchase the DuPont Country Club (constructed 1921 in Wilmington) from DowDuPont. DuPont and Wirth plan to modernize the club.
Benjamin Franklin duPont was born in 1964. His father is Pierre S. du Pont IV, Republican U.S. Representative and Governor of Delaware from 1977 to 1985. He graduated from Tufts University with a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering in 1986. In August 2001, Ben married Laura Leigh Lemole, a jewelry designer, at her parents' summer home in Cumberland, Maine. They have two children. DuPont's brother-in-law, G. Michael Lemole Jr., is a neurosurgeon who operated on Arizona congresswoman Gabby Giffords after she was shot in the head in 2011. His sister-in-law is Lisa Lemole Oz, wife of Mehmet Oz. DuPont's niece is Daphne Oz.
- ^'United States Public Records, 1970-2009'. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- ^'Ben DuPont'. Chartline Capital Partners. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- ^ ab'Ben duPont: Profile'. Forbes Magazine. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^ abBradley, Michael (April 26, 2016). 'Du-ing Well by Du-ing Good'. delawaretoday.com. Retrieved 2018-05-07.
- ^Om Malik (February 7, 2000). 'Technology's clearinghouse: Yet2.com'. Forbes Magazine. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^Patricia Resende (December 16, 2002). 'Cambridge IP exchange site sold to U.K. company'. Boston Business Journal. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^ ab'Fairbridge Venture Partners Executive Profile: Benjamin F. DuPont'. Businessweek. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^ ab'Fairbridge Partners Profile: Benjamin F. duPont'. Archived from the original on July 15, 2014. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^ ab'Mobeam Board of Directors'. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^'MSCI'. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- ^Patrick Hoge (February 6, 2012). 'Mobeam raises $6.4M for mobile coupons'. San Jose Business Journal. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^'Attend a bootcamp, get a job'. delawareonline. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- ^'Del. employer-backed school quickly trains needed programmers'. Philly.com. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- ^'Our Team Zip Code Wilmington'. www.zipcodewilmington.com. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- ^Baker, Karl (April 5, 2018). 'DuPont heir to buy namesake country club, vows not to build homes'. delawareonline.com. Retrieved 2018-05-07.
- ^'WEDDINGS; Laura Lemole, Benjamin du Pont'. The New York Times. August 5, 2001. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- ^Stacey Burling (January 11, 2011). 'Surgeon who operated on wounded House member has Pa. ties'. The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Ben duPont on Twitter